There are features in Mac OS X that seem to be reserved only for users of Apple products. The products inspire envy amongst the users of Windows PCs. And one of those applications has been iCloud. If you are a Windows user who has always wished to get iCloud on PC, then let us assure you that you are not the only one. The lovers of iCloud are way too many and there is good news for those ones who want iCloud for Windows.
It is possible to get the iCloud facility on a Windows PC and the steps are not tedious too. Let’s find out how you can get the cloud-based storing feature on your Windows system.
What is iCloud?
It is a storage service from Apple and is totally cloud-based. A user can easily store documents, files, photographs, music, videos and much more, everything on the cloud. There is no need to have any document stored on your computer when everything is floating for you on the web and is available on the go anywhere and anytime. You can also sync your files across multiple devices. This helps to save space on many devices and you can have all your resources in the virtual world at all times. Won’t you like to have everything on a remote server, rather than having things on your local system, which is prone to damage and loss? We know your answer is a big “Yes!”
How much does iCloud cost?
The storage service is totally free of charges. It is available to Apple users anyways, but being a Windows user, you can use it too by getting iCloud for Windows. There is no need for any specific application for using iCloud on your system. Moreover, the application is totally safe and there are no chances of leakage of any personally-sensitive information.
Also Read: How to Download Safari For Windows
How much can iCloud Store?
The storage service can store up to 5GB of data. This must be enough for an average user of the cloud service.
Download iCloud for Windows
The download link for getting iCloud on Windows is not clearly visible on the homepage itself. But you can definitely get the software through this link: https://support.apple.com/en-gb/HT204283. Simply follow the on-screen instructions and download the file to your Windows PC.
Using iCloud on Windows
Once the iCloud application is launched, you will be asked to sign in with your credentials. You have to use the very same Apple password and ID that you have used to sign into on the Apple devices that you carry.
- Enter your credentials in the form and click on Sign In button.
- Next, you will be asked which folders and files you want to sync. You will have a few bases which you would like to store in the cloud. Certainly, you cannot have the entire PC covered using iCloud for Windows. Be selective about which files you would like to backup. Once the documents have been identified and selected using checkboxes, click on Apply button.
iCloud Photos, Safari bookmark syncing and iCloud Drive are supported. Moreover, contacts, calendars, and Outlook can also be synced.
Pinning iCloud to Taskbar
When you get iCloud on Windows system, you will find that it does not behave like Dropbox. It does not get itself added to the Quick Access portal. You need to take the pain of adding it
- By default, the iCloud folder must be in the main User folder.
- You will have to navigate in File Explorer in director’s location.
- Find the iCloud Drive and do a right-click.
- Click on “Pin to Quick Access”. This will create a shortcut permanently inside the left-hand pane of File Explorer.
- This will ensure that you can access iCloud anytime with just a click of a shortcut which is available on the File Explorer at all the times.
iCloud is an amazing application for all those who want a space in the cloud to store their resources and maintain an assuring backup for a lifetime. The application is quite seamless and helps people to avail the facilities which were once reserved only for the user of Apple products. If you are looking for the best software to get storage space in the cloud, then now you know what you have to do next.