Are you in search for the procedure to get Facetime for Windows Computer? Would you like to have a video call with someone through the Facetime app from the Windows 10 PC? If you have these questions in mind, then you must read the following article to know whether you can have this Facetime App on your Windows PC or not. FaceTime is one of the best video calling apps supported by Apple and getting to try a hands on the same will fill anyone with delight. Meanwhile, speculations are still rife that Apple will shortly make FaceTime available across various platforms. However, rumors shall continue existing, but there is one definite conclusion which is heartbreakingly inevitable.
FaceTime is not an open standard technology and thus, cannot be used on any other platforms unless permitted by Apple.
For all Windows user desperately waiting to download and install FaceTime on their PCs here is a suggestion and a simple word of caution. Many articles and sites claim to help you install and run FaceTime using Bluestacks. DO NOT fall prey to their malicious intent as there is no confirmation pertaining to the availability of FaceTime for Windows or Android. At least not official technology is yet available for installing FaceTime on your Windows.
FaceTime for Windows Alternatives
However, if you are an extreme enthusiast willing to risk your privacy, you may go ahead and download various unofficial and malicious apps which claim to be the FaceTime technology. While there might still be time for FaceTime to reach the Windows ecosystem, there are still various alternatives which offer similar features like FaceTime and are also available cross-platform. Here, you can take a look at some of them which will function exactly like having Facetime for Windows Computer.
1. Glide: A popular video calling competitor to the Microsoft’s very own Skype, Glide features some of the most interesting settings. Apart from native and cross-platform video calling, Glide also allows the users to record short video clips and send it across to your friends and family to watch later. Moreover, the group size of a single video call is 50 members, more than any other major video calling app.
2. Skype: This app needs no special introduction as it has been a popular video calling application available on the Windows platform since the launch of Windows XP. Besides being widely used on Windows, Skype has quickly gained popularity amongst users of Android, iOS, and Mac platform as well. While video calling is eventually free, you need to subscribe to place calls from Skype to people who aren’t on Skype.
3. iMovicha: This iMovicha is another alternative for video calling on Windows and other platforms. Similar to FaceTime, iMovicha also works on 3G and LTE networks and not restricted to WiFi network. Apart from being platform independent, iMovicha also supports group video calls and voice calls between users.
4. WeChat: Based out of China, WeChat is a popular video calling app, multi-purpose messaging, and social media app for Windows, Android, and Windows for Mobile. Being immensely popular across a number of users, WeChat makes communication easy through texts, stickers, and video calls. Since it is one of the world’s largest standalone mobile apps by monthly users is a good option to go for.
5. IMO: This is yet another the popular video calling and texting app available for Windows, iOS, and Android. IMO is the widely used video chatting app with the significant user base worldwide. It offers astonishing features likewise the FaceTime does. Furthermore, it enables support to encrypt the communication media in order to provide greater assurance to various security measures.
6. Viber Application: Viber is a freemium cross-platform instant messaging and voice over IP application which works on Microsoft Windows, macOS, Android, Linux and iOS platforms. With over 5oo Million users worldwide, in addition to instant messaging, it allows their users to transfer media such as images and video records. The best thing that most of the users loved about this particular application is, it doesn’t have any ads that make the user-experience arguably good. Moreover, it also supports a dozen of languages that aid Viber to stood up in the arena where competition is fierce.
7. WhatsApp: Here’s another popular freeware app for you, that is one of the most widely used cross-platform messaging service owned by Facebook. In the addition of sending text messages, images, documents, and user location, WhatsApp allows you doing voice calls, as well as video calls. With a significant userbase worldwide, the app is consistently enhancing its services. Although, it has announced a forthcoming business platform which will be going to aid companies to provide customer support to their users.
8. Yahoo! Messenger: Also, abbreviated Y!M is an advertisement-supported instant messaging chat program that comes with various video features. Yahoo messenger offers text messaging service, video chats, file transfers and chat rooms in different categories. It is one of the best alternatives for one to opt.
FaceTime has its own limitations, and these alternatives are not prohibited by the restrictions. However, FaceTime is a lot secure and efficient when compared to all the alternatives. With the never-ending wait for the availability of FaceTime for Windows or on other platforms, these alternatives can serve the purpose for the time being.