Have you ever wished that you could run two WhatsApp applications at once on your mobile phone? Have you been depending on your laptop for running two instances of the application? If yes, then you are one of those many people who long for multiple instances since it gives flexibility and ease of access to users. One wat to achieve multiple instances of dual WhatsApp on the same mobile phone is to have a dual-SIM phone and keep sending messages through two different numbers.
But what if we told you that you could run two accounts on the same phone? We know your excitement and delight levels would reach a new high.
Dual WhatsApp Accounts
There are various phone manufacturers who are providing an inbuilt option to have two accounts of WhatsApp. However, this feature is available only on the selected Android phones. iPhone users will go for disappointment. However, this method requires a dual-SIM phone and needs an SMS or phone call for authentication. However, you will have to check your device settings to figure out if the manufacturer has provided this feature or not.
Also Read: Reset Forgotten MAC Password
How to Get Dual WhatsApp on Oppo, Honor, and Xiaomi?
If you have a smartphone from Honor, Oppo, and Xiaomi, then just follow the given steps to get dual WhatsApp.
- Install WhatsApp through Google Play.
- Post installation, go to device Settings.
- Click Dual Apps on Xiaomi, App Twin on Honor and Clone App on Oppo.
- A number of apps will have a toggle on the right side. Just turn the toggle to clone WhatsApp.
Dual WhatsApp in Vivo:
The cloning of apps in Vivo is a little longer process.
- Go to the device Settings.
- Click on App Clone.
- Toggle the Display the Clone button switch.
- Install WhatsApp now on Google Play.
- Long press on the WhatsApp icon and click on the “+” icon.
- This will create a dual WhatsApp. The next steps have to be followed.
- Launch the second WhatsApp and click on “Agree and Continue”.
- Clicking on “Continue” will give contacts and files access to this application copy.
- The verification process will follow. For this, be careful about using your other contact number.
- Once the other contact number is entered, simply click on “Next”. This will lead to a confirm dialog box, where you will have to click on “Ok”.
You will get a verification code, which can be auto-read by the dual WhatsApp. You can also try verification through a telephonic call by clicking on the “Call” button. This feature is available in Vivo V5.
Having a dual WhatsApp helps in many ways. You can separate your personal conversation from professional ones through two different apps. This helps in managing two different accounts and gives a lot of flexibility to the users. You can try this for other apps too, like Facebook. Having multiple accounts can also help you be a double member of a group. Keep posting content through one phone number. In any case, if you end up offending the group admin by any chance and your one account gets removed from the group, you can still be a part of that group through the other number secretly.
There can be issues while trying a second WhatsApp or even during general app cloning. The steps to counter the issues are as follows.
- Download an app named “Parallel Space” from Google Play.
- Launch the app and you will be taken to the Clone Apps page.
- Choose the apps that have to be cloned and click on Add Parallel Space button.
- The parallel space will open up and you will see your app running in a virtual space.
Follow the steps above to set up WhatsApp parallel application on your phone.
Another alternative to get the copy of WhatsApp is to try GBWhatsApp. This method requires installing the APK file and this becomes risky at times. Therefore, it is always better to go through the methods that we have recommended above.
The benefits of having multiple copies of WhatsApp are numerous. This can help you segment your conversation spaces and keep one kind separated from the other. Just a few steps can get you a dual copy and can lead you to leverage the chatting application to the maximum.